The Outfit Along officially begins today! If you haven’t shared your own Outfit Along plans in the OAL thread in the Untangling Knots group or under the hashtag #outfitalong2019, now is a good time to let us know what you’re working on. My own plans for my outfit include a knitting WIP that’s a colorwork pullover, and a pair of gingham cigarette pants.
Since this is our sixth year running the Outfit Along and this blog is more than 10 years old (how did these things happen?), there are tons of great resources already available! Here’s a list of blog posts you may find helpful, as well as links to the blog post tag for previous years’ official knitting patterns. If you’re knitting a seamless set-in sleeve pattern other than the ones listed below, you may find the Myrna posts helpful regardless of the pattern you’re using.
- What size sweater should I knit?
- Please knit a swatch
- How to Add Notes to PDF Patterns
- How to Work Separate Stitch Patterns
- How to Add a Lifeline
- Which M1 should I use?
- How to modify for custom row gauge
- How to make a full-length sweater from a cropped pattern
- What does work Stitch Pattern A mean?
- A mini series of short row technique reviews
- About those short row sleeve caps
- 3 tips for picking up stitches
- 6 Things to Know About Knitting With Linen