I originally learned how to knit without looking so I could knit while I read books, but it’s proven itself to be a skill that’s useful in a lot of situations. It nice to be able to maintain eye contact while talking and knitting or to watch movies in the dark. I often get asked about it, so I put together a video and list of tips on how I knit without looking!
- Work a few rows to establish the stitch pattern. This will allow you to get the rhythm down and to give you enough knit fabric to feel what is going on.
- Get familiar with what different stitches feel like on your left needle.
- Check your work often while you’re new at this. Mistakes are easier to deal with if you catch them early.
- When you’re ready for a more difficult project, use stitch markers almost excessively to keep track of decreases, increases, panels, etc.
- Make yourself practice and don’t cheat.
Leave a Reply to Whitney Cancel reply