New Yarn, Old Plans

hp01

I gave in and bought yarn for a new sweater project. I made a ton of progress on my other projects this weekend, so I think I’m safe starting a cardigan for myself. This yarn is going to be turned into a simply two-color cardigan with intarsia headphones on the back. It’s kind of a indulgent projects because it’s going to be a little tackier than something I normally would design, but there’s some back story here. I sketched the sweater in 2008 in an old notebook that I can’t find anymore before I has successfully knit a sweater or even knew what intarsia was. At the time it was precisely the sort of thing I would love, but I just didn’t know how to go forward with the sweater. The idea stuck with me for some reason, and now that I have the skills to make it happened and no other projects planned, I thought why not make it happen?

6 Responses to “New Yarn, Old Plans”

1. Truly Myrtle says:

Good on you. Some ideas will just not leave us alone. Best to give in to them :)

2. Truly Myrtle says:

3. Katie says:

To be perfectly honest, my current Holla Knits design is a re-working of a sweater I tried to design about 5 years ago. That ended horribly, the HK sweater is awesome. So yeah, it’s good to re-visit.

4. Jacey says:

Sounds like a fun project! I can’t wait to see how it comes together.

5. Laura Brown says:

Sounds like a great time for everyone. Keep on! I have the same issue sometimes – jotting something down, and then not having the skills or time to complete it. I return to those often, and work on them bit by bit. Sometimes it turns out better that way – it’s easier to modify them and make them work rather than something that just won’t do. Good luck!

6. Louise says:

Can’t wait to see what you come up with.