Miette

I am horribly excited about this. I was going to save this for my next post because it would be my 100th, but I couldn’t wait. (I also don’t have anything else to post about.) I was going to hold out until tomorrow so I could post this earlier in the day, but here I am at 9PM! I am giddy and proud to present my first sweater pattern, Miette. Download Miette here.

miette2

I decided to name the pattern after a character in the film La Cité Des Enfants Perdus who always wore red. I was watching that movie while I worked on this version of the cardigan and I decided that Miette the character and Miette the cardigan suited each other.

miette5

By the way, these are the pictures that I liked but couldn’t go in the pattern. This one didn’t make the cut because it has so much random stuff and you can’t see the tree branch I grabbed. Can you spy the blue truck, horse trailer, gate with Christmas lights, and/or well pump?

miette3

Anyways, Miette is a free download on Ravelry. The cardigan is actually not too bad to wear in the summer because I knit it using Cascade Sierra, though today it was 100+ out. Not really cardigan weather. I’ve described this design too many times in posts so if you’d like to read more about the cardigan, please check out the first version or download the pattern.

20 Responses to “Miette”

1. Jenny says:

Andi – awesome job on the cardi. It is very flattering! I love all of the detailing in it.

2. Alexandra says:

Congratulations!!! How exciting! :) It looks beautiful in red too and these pictures are great!Going to download it immediately!

3. Eskimimi says:

It is beautiful, and an absolutely perfect colour on you. It is 54ºF (12ºC in my neck of the woods) here, and ☂.In fact, it has been raining for the past 10 days or so, and it is supposed to be the height of summer. I haven't even chanced going outside recently because I haven't been too well, but just standing on the balcony for a few minutes yesterday I found myself in hat, cowl and coat.Once autumn starts to think about showing its head around the corner your lovely cardigan will help to keep of those slight chills in the evening.

4. Congratulations on the cardigan. It is gorgeous. I have downloaded already.

5. kristenmakes says:

Wow, great job! I love the bust shaping. I'd already downloaded it from Ravelry before even reading your post!

6. YAY! Congratulations on your pattern AND 99 posts!! :D

7. Meream says:

So pretty! I wish I am as talented as you are! :)

8. turtlegirl76 says:

Congratulations! It's a beautiful sweater. Sure to be a popular download!

9. Vivianne says:

That is lovely – well done you :-)

10. Noreen says:

Oh my…this is such a pretty knit. You are generous to set it up as free download–thanks!

11. Anna says:

It's adorable and is going straight into my queue! I agree with others – you are very generous releasing as a free download.

12. Julie says:

Absolutely gorgeous!! I've been loving this pattern since I first saw the blue one on your blog, and I'm definitely adding it to my Ravelry Queue- thanks so much for sharing the pattern!

13. Sara says:

Well done! In my faves.

14. Katie says:

Congratulations on your first sweater pattern! It looks absolutely gorgeous, I am going to go check it out on Rav right now!

15. Sam says:

This is adorable! I love cardigans and this pattern looks just lovely!

16. Is says:

That sweater is gorgeous all around. I'm not usually one to wear knitted things because they tend to make me look about ten, but I would wear this in a heartbeat.Is

17. Anonymous says:

Adorable sweater! Did you get my comment about the fair? Just curious!

18. Andi Pants says:

Anon: Thanks and I don't think I did.

19. [...] how to make charts with Illustrator. Then I put together my pattern with InDesign. I had finished Miette by this point so I had an idea of what I was doing. I needed photos to finish Tea Time’s [...]

20. frk.bustad says:

Just discovered this cardigan through http://pattythesnugbug.com/2011/finally-finished-miette-cardigan/#comment-4060 – I love it!!! I’m printing the pattern right away, and will check my yarn stash to see if I can start this weekend already, if not, I must have time to go yarn shopping!

The cardigan is absolutely adorable, I must say once more! And really great outfit.