About two years ago I lost my Bea headband. I was pretty sad about that, but it was the end of winter so I decided to use the opportunity to plan a similar but more complex headband. Obviously I didn’t get to it very promptly, but when I finally did, I came up with something great! I love having my accessories coordinate, so I made a matching pair of mitts, and the end result is the Pacesetter set.
All of the pieces are made on US 7/4.5 mm needles using Hazel Knits Lively DK, a wool and nylon blend yarn. The headband is knit flat, and then it’s tied in a snug little knot, just like Bea, when it’s all done. The stitch pattern featured on both the headband and mitts is done by simply rearranging the stitches. The get a right slanting stitch you slip two stitches together knit-wise and then slip them back to the left needle knit-wise one at a time so they’re rearranged before you work them. To get the left slanting stitch, you slip two stitches one at a time knit-wise and then slip them back to the left needle knit-wise together before you work them. No cable needle required.
The mitts are knit in the round from the cuff up with a thumb gusset for shaping. The stitch pattern runs down the back, and the palms are plain stockinette so they’re comfortable to wear. The mitts come in three sizes and are a quick project that’d be great for gifts. You can get the set for $6.50 from Ravelry or the Untangling Knots pattern shop. You can also add the Pacesetter Headband or Pacesetter Mitts to your queue on Ravelry.
Leave a Reply