Despite a moment of panic when it appeared that I had lost my bodice, I managed to finish my dress this weekend! It’s my second dress ever, and it turned out better than my first, which was a bit of a surprise because I cut a major corner. I didn’t make a muslin, and I didn’t alter the fit at all. I just didn’t leave myself enough time to do that and complete my OAL outfit, so I crossed my fingers, cut out a size 14 in version B, and sewed it up without any changes other than moving the pockets to the side seams. It’s not a perfect fit, but it annoyingly fits better than my first dress where I did multiple muslins and modifications.
My dress fits me like most ready-to-wear dresses fit. It’s a little tight through the bust and a little big through the waist. The bodice could also be an inch or half an inch longer. Nothing I’m not already used to. Overall I’m really happy with it.
Leave a Reply