I was going to frog this sweater a week or two ago, but some deadline knitting came up, and this guy got put on hold. This morning when I started to unpick the weird post-knitting fixes I made, I decided I needed to give this sweater a final farewell in its natural state. It’s three or four years old now, and I never wear it because it fits so strangely, so it’s time to turn it into something new. My plan is to take the yarn and knit a somewhat similar sweater out if it. I’m keeping the deep V, but it will be shaped better. The reverse stockinette and cables are going to go. The reverse stockinette caused some of the neckline problems I had, and I’m just kind of tired of cables. I’m planning on doing a deep, garter stitch collar, but it won’t be knit simultaneously. I’m going to pick up stitches from the finished sweater body. I’m hoping to keep the full sleeves, but I don’t know if I’ll have enough yarn. We’ll see! That’s half of the fun of working from frogged garments; you have to get creative to deal with the yarn restrictions.
Leave a Reply