I whipped this up for Halloween. I didn’t have plans until the last minute so I didn’t put together a costume. I ended up wearing my Harley Quinn costume from the year before, but I had thrown out the cuffs and collar. They were pretty gross after Halloween and just cheap white acrylic, so I didn’t see a reason to keep them around. I knew I didn’t have time to remake the cuffs because they were crocheted densely with tons of stitches to make the ruffles stand up, but I knew I had time to replace the collar.
I didn’t have any white yarn in my stash, but I did have some cream Cascade 220 so I whipped up a collar out of it. This is the fourth or fifth collar I’ve made like this, and I think I’ve got the design pretty much perfected at this point. This one looks really nice, and I’m tempted to wear it as more than just a costume piece, but I think it might be a little too twee. I’m wondering if I might be able to pull it off in a darker color so I might make another one using some scrap yarn when I get a chance.