Well, it’s done. The hip shaping wasn’t draping nicely, but I crossed my fingers and hoped that the magic of blocking would fix everything. Sadly blocking seemed to just highlight the imperfections of the sweater. I’m going to give it a break and work on other projects, but I plan on eventually frogging my sweater and redoing it. The general concept is just fine, and it’s wearable as is, but I have enough sweaters that I don’t need to leave this one imperfect. I’m done messing around with it for awhile, but I plan on doing it over once I finish the other sweaters I have yarn for.
I meant to make a sweater with positive ease, but I just ended up with a baggy sweater. It’s loose in all of the wrong places and there is way too much fabric at the hips. The sleeves are too long and I didn’t make the top of my sleeve cap wide enough so they’re sort of pointy looking. It doesn’t look great.
I have a plan of attack. I’m going to make the sweater body have negative ease because I just prefer it, and I’m going to rework the body shaping so it’s less awkward. I’m going to make the arm holes a little shallower, the sleeve caps wider, and the sleeves about an inch or two shorter. I’ll keep the neckline, body length, and probably sleeve shaping as they are here. I know what needs to be done now; I just want to put off doing it for a bit.
Leave a Reply