The Tubular Bind Off is pretty much identical to the Tubular Cast On, so it wasn’t surprising that I had similar problems with it. My 2 inch swatch stretched to 4.5 inches, but it didn’t snap back.


That’s an obnoxious feature of the Tubular BO, but it does have its perks. It is a very good looking bind off and it matches the cast on method perfectly so it is handy for projects that are knit in multiple directions. I wish I had thought about this before I started my Audrey in Unst. The body is knit bottom up and the sleeves are knit top down so the edges won’t quite match perfectly with the CO and BO methods I used.


As you probably know, the Tubular Bind Off is a sewn bind off. I find sewn bind offs to be a bit fiddly and I’m one of those people who has to look up directions for kitchener stitch every time I use it. That makes this method kind of obnoxious for me, but I can still see myself using it where things need to look as perfect as possible.

This was the last in my series of Stretchy BOs. I’m thinking of doing button holes next, but I haven’t swatched anything yet so I’m open to other suggestions! I’d really like to do a crochet related Mini Series, but I can’t figure out what to do a series of for that.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.