The Populuxe KAL starts today! I cast on using the long-tail cast-on. I generally use this one or the cabled cast-on method for my shoulders. They both offer a good amount of structure, which you want at the shoulders. Hop on over to the KAL thread in the Untangling Knots group on Ravelry and show us your freshly started cardigan!
Before casting on, I should have knit a swatch, but because I’ve already knit with this yarn before, I had already done ones in a different colorway and know my gauge is right. My next step is to annotate my PDF so my size is highlighted. If you do the same, you might want to also highlight any techniques you need to review or brush up on, so you don’t get stuck. Here are some resources from previous KALs and blog posts that you might find helpful while preparing to knit your own Populuxe. As always, you can find more informative posts on the Resources page.
- What size sweater should I knit?
- Please knit a swatch
- How to Add Notes to PDF Patterns
- How to Work Separate Stitch Patterns
- Which M1 should I use?
- How to modify for custom row gauge
- How to modify a cropped pattern to be full length
- What does work Stitch Pattern A mean?
- A mini series of short row technique reviews
- About those short row sleeve caps
- 3 tips for picking up stitches
- How to knit a better button band
- How to use counting stitch markers