After failing to finish my outfit last year, I was extremely determined to get this year’s outfit done early, and I did! I had the bulk of my pieces done by mid-July and simply needed to add the finishing touches like buttons and hand stitched details. I even managed to get my Anaheim blocked before the deadline, which I rarely do for KALs.
I knit my Anaheim exactly as written in the size M. The only thing I did differently from the original pattern sample was to go up a needle size to get gauge.
My Kim Dress features a handful of modifications. The most obvious is the curve of the front skirt pieces. I made it less extreme so the dress has more of a vintage feel and provides more coverage while walking. I also took in the waist for a better fit and lined the back skirt panel. Because of the wide, open neck-line, this dress isn’t the most cooperative with bras and just barely covers the the one bra I used while fitting. I added strap-keepers (a bit of ribbon sewn to the inside shoulder with snaps on one side) to the shoulders to ensure that it will stay covered, but next time I sew this dress, I’m going to use a narrower seam allowance around the neckline so I get that extra fraction of an inch that I think I could have benefited from.