Since I mostly knit my own designs, a lot of the work happens long before I actually cast on and knit the whatever I’m designing. In the case of this capelet, I did most of the swatching and calculating in early June. I meant to start the project soon after, but some unplanned events got in the way, and this project without a deadline was pushed aside. I had done all of the desk work, but the fun part kept getting delayed, and this yarn sat on my desk staring at me sadly. I was pretty excited when I finished some projects with deadlines last week and was finally able to cast on this capelet. I spent a lot of time out and about this weekend, and I took this project everywhere with me. I’m pretty enamored with it. I even worked on it while I drank my tea this morning.