I finished the body to my Audrey in Unst cardigan!
I’ve been working on a few rows at a time in between other projects. The lace was fun to do so I finished that pretty quickly, but the rest was kind of bleh.
It looks like it’s going to fit but not perfectly. It has the right amount of negative ease, but the shaping isn’t quite in the right places. This is partially my fault. I misread the pattern and left out one of the increase repeats for the bust. I’m missing 4 stitches because of that and I lost about an inch of length. It was mostly me, but I sort of blame the pattern. I really don’t like the way it was written. A lot of the repeats were written in ways that left me puzzled because I over analyze and over complicate things. Instead of saying “Rep rows 1-2 17 more times,” it says “Repeat these 2 rows for a total of 36 rows”. That left me wondering if I was supposed to have 36 rows including rows 1-2 or 38 rows which would be rows 1-2 plus 36. I went with the former but that threw me off later in the pattern where the repeats were written as “Rep Dec row every 6th row 5 times”. There I couldn’t figure out if I was supposed to work 6 repeats or 5. The crucial word “more” was not used consistently.
So, my sweater is an inch shorter than I meant it to be. Actually, it’s quite a bit shorter than I meant it to be. I’m trusting my swatch here. I’m knitting this using an alpaca and silk blend and my swatch grew A LOT vertically when I washed it. I’m counting on this sweater to do the same. That should hopefully move the hip shaping down slightly so everything fits a little better.
Maybe I’ll get a sleeve started sometime in the near future, but I’m not promising anything.
Leave a Reply