I finally have a sleeve!!!!!!! I had to knit the sleeve cap four or fives times. The first time I wanted to try making puffy sleeves because I had been thinking about how one might go about doing seamless puffy sleeves. They turned out MASSIVE. They were ridiculously puffy. After that I tried to do just normal sleeve caps, but my math was lying to me (or I did it wrong) and I was picking up too many stitches so they kept turning out big and loose and ugly. I finally got it right and started to get some progress on my sleeves.
I measured the length wrong so I ended up having to rip back and shorten it a bit. I had underestimated how deep my armpit was when I measured. That wasn’t too horrible of a mistake. Now that I have made all of my mistakes on the first sleeve, the second should go pretty quickly without me having to rip back a million times.
The only thing that is bugging me is that I don’t think I like worsted weight wool sleeves with a little positive ease like this. I probably should have figured this out by now. I just don’t especially like the way it wrinkles when I move because the folds are so bulky. I need to remember that my sleeves need to be over the top large like on my Veronica, made of something that drapes better like finer weight wool or an alpaca blend, or they need to have zero or negative ease.
Apologies for having to use my flash. The pictures were just too dark without it.