The Outfit Along starts today! I cast on my Anaheim using the long-tail method, and I’m working on US 8/5 mm needles. Yes, I had to go up a needle size for my own pattern! This is why it’s really important to knit a swatch and check your gauge. In my case, my gauge on the recommended needle size was different because I substituted a very different yarn from my original sample, Brooklyn Tweed Arbor.
This is the fourth year of the OAL, and the Untangling Knots blog is jam packed with useful posts these days. Here’s a list of blog posts that I think you might find useful for your Anaheims, and as always, you can find more informative posts on the Resources page.
- What size sweater should I knit?
- Please knit a swatch
- How to Add Notes to PDF Patterns
- How to Work Separate Stitch Patterns
- How to Add a Lifeline
- Which M1 should I use?
- How to modify for custom row gauge
- What does work Stitch Pattern A mean?
- A mini series of short row technique reviews
- About those short row sleeve caps
- 3 tips for picking up stitches