I hope everyone has a happy New Year and had fun on New Year’s Eve. I took a look at last year’s post of plans for 2013, and I think I did quite well with the important ones.
1. Knit More Sweaters — I knit 9!
2. Sew More — I didn’t sew a ton, but I did make my first dress.
3. Knit Some Slipper Socks — This still hasn’t happened. Oh, well!
4. Figure Out How To Take Decent Photos In My Apartment — I haven’t found a better place to take photos, but I have gotten better at editing them so they look okay.
5. Publish More Patterns — I definitely made this happen.
Not too shabby! I know I do better with vague goals than specific ones, which is why I don’t do real resolutions. I like writing down the direction I want to go in for the upcoming year, but I need flexibility.
This year’s goals are to…
1. Design More Accessories – I knit a lot of accessories, but I always make plain-Jane stuff, and I don’t write anything down. I’d like to change that.
2. Release At Least One Pattern Per Month – This is completely manageable if I stay organized. There’s no reason for me to have a bunch of releases all at once and then nothing for over a month.
3. Stick To A Budget But Still Have A Social Life – I’ve had trouble with this since I moved to Seattle because you can’t really do inexpensive nights in with close friends if you don’t have close friends yet. But now I do, so it’s time to work on finding a good balance like I used to have.
4. Start Asking For Yarn Support – I like shopping for yarn at my local yarn store, but I feel like I’m missing out on networking and potential collaborations.
5. Work On My Photography – I want to play with my camera more, and I need to find more places to take pattern photos.
Those are my big goals for 2014! What have you got planned?