When I did my last sweater update, I wasn’t quite on track with the schedule I made for myself, but today I am! I was supposed to finish the back, and I did. It’s still on my needles because you’re supposed to leave the stitches for both the neckband and the shoulders live, but it’s all done!
The back was a little more challenging to knit than I anticipated because a lot of the instructions told you to knit until this or that part of the back was the same length as the front, and, well, I haven’t knit the front yet! I should have read the pattern a little more closely before diving in. I ended up trying to add up all of the rows and make the front match the back, but there were a few instances where I had to rip back because I wasn’t paying enough attention to either my notes or the pattern. I got a little too enthusiastic knitting the upper back, and just flew past the point where I was supposed to divide for the buttons. I didn’t want to completely rip back, so I decided that doing three buttons instead of four would look nice and only ripped back a little bit. One piece down and three left to knit!
Leave a Reply