A Matched Set

gc03

I finished my cowl. It’s crazy soft, and I still haven’t woven in the ends because I’ve been wearing it nonstop.

gc02

I tend to go for grey accessories. This is one of two bright red coats that I own. This is my cozy winter coat, and the other is a rather beat-up rain coat. I love my red coats because they make me feel so cheerful in the gloomy weather, but I find that it limits my accessory knitting. While I do wear my brightly colored accessories around the office when it’s chilly, they don’t get worn nearly as much as my simple grey ones so I generally don’t knit them anymore.

9 Responses to “A Matched Set”

1. Oh I love these accessories! They work perfectly with your coat! So cute! And love your matching lipstick. Such a good look.

2. Elle says:

That is a fabulous knit! I’ve been obsessing over cowls this season for some reason. Never liked them up until about December 12th? All of a sudden the cowl love was going on. It’s a striking combination with the red coat. Very nicely done.

3. Michelle says:

I totally agree- I don’t think I’ve worn anything but my grey scarf this winter, although that could be the malabrigo-effect.

4. Zoe says:

I think your blog is Super Sweet so I have nominated you for the Super Sweet Blogging award. Click on the link for instructions. Congratulations!!! http://notyouraveragezoe.wordpress.com/2013/02/17/supersweet-blogger-award
    Zoe x

5. Tanya says:

I often do the silly mistake of putting my favourte red scarf on, then picking my red coat in a hurry to get out the door. double red, I think I pull it off.

love the set – grey accessories are on my list this year.

6. Amanda Keeys says:

Your cowl looks beautiful and I *love* that grey, especially against your brilliant red coat.

7. Aldene Oborne says:

Good Morning! I cannot find the pattern for the Matched Set Cowl and Hat in your pattern catalogue. Could you please let me know how I can download the patterns please? Thank you and kind regards, Aldene Oborne

• Andi says:

Hi Aldene! There are no patterns for these two. The cowl is a simple seed stitch cowl, and the beret is just a basic beret with polka dots.