It’s finally done! It’s a good looking sweater, but I feel a bit indifferent towards it like I felt about knitting it. I originally started knitting my Audrey in Unst because I needed to replace my basic grey cardigan and that’s exactly what I ended up with. It’s just not as exciting of a FO as some of my flashier knits even though I know it will get worn all the time. I think that’s the lesson I’ve learned. I shouldn’t knit things where I just feel like I need the FO in my wardrobe. I should knit things that I really want to knit because they’re more fun and just go buy my basics.
I made a few mods to the pattern. I added a few inches of length because I knew the pattern as written would hit me at a very unflattering point. I also added more stockinette and worked less twisted rib. That was mostly because I got sick of doing the twisted ribbing, but I also thought that less ribbing might look better.
I knit the whole thing on 3.25 mm needles because that’s what I got gauge for the body on and I didn’t bother moving down a size for the sections of the pattern that originally called for smaller needles. The sweater was a bit of a challenge to knit because my unblocked gauge was different from my blocked gauge. It was hard to guess lengths and visualize how the sweater would look in the end. On the left is the sweater before I blocked it and on the right is after. The sleeves grew about two inches and the body lengthened three of four inches. This is why you should always block your swatches.
I’m glad to be done with this and I think my sweater will get worn all the time. It just will never be the star of the show in a wardrobe as loud as mine.
Leave a Reply